Multiple users reported issue that outlook search not working (Online mode).
While checking we found out that Test-ExchangeSearch cmdlet failing on Exchange server.
The size of the catalog index (*.ci) files were smaller than 125 kilobytes (KB).
Exchange server was trying to access crl.microsoft.com which was failing.
There are two methods to resolve this issue: –
First method: –
- Open the Exchange Server “Bin” folder on the server that is experiencing the search issue. The “Bin” folder is located in the Exchange Server installation folder.
- Create a new text document (.txt), and then rename the new document “MSFTEFD.EXE.CONFIG.” Make sure that the .txt file name extension is removed from the file name.
- In Notepad, open the MSFTEFD.EXE.CONFIG file, and then add the following code:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
<gcServer enabled=”true” />
<generatePublisherEvidence enabled=”false” />
- Save the changes to the MSFTEFD.EXE.CONFIG file.
- Open Services.msc, and then restart the Microsoft Search (Exchange) service and the Microsoft Exchange Search indexer service.
Second Method: –
On Server we add below entry in host file.