When we install Forefront Server security service pack 2 on a server where Forefront Data folder resides on different path (Not on default path) then after upgrade Forefront ask to enter License information.
This is caused because new Engineinfo.cab file placed on default folder ( Where Forefront installation files resides) after setup and to register scan engines Forefront again ask for License.
Download Forefront Sp2 setup and file put it in a folder.
- Open a Command Prompt window and go to folder where setup.exe reside.
- Type Setup.exe /x, and then press ENTER. This will extract Engineinfo.cab file.
- When you are asked for a path where you want to extract the files, type the path (This should be different from Forefront Sp2 setup.exe file), and then click OK.
- After the Engineinfo.cab file is extracted, copy it to the correct %Database%\Engine folder. This is folder which is changed from default location.
- Run SP2 setup and it will not ask for license after successful upgrade.